You may be closer to a scholarship or grant award at Lincoln College than you think! Lincoln College offers academic merit scholarships and grants, athletic scholarships, and a limited number of performing arts scholarships.
Merit Awards for Freshmen and Transfers
Merit-based scholarships and grants reward students for their academic success before attending Lincoln College. Without regard to financial need, these scholarships are awarded to new freshmen based on cumulative high school GPA and SAT or ACT scores. Transfer students can also receive merit awards on the basis of all previous college level work. Students must complete a new application each year to renew scholarships which will be reviewed by the scholarship committee. Students who renew their scholarships are not required to send in additional letters of recommendation.
How To Apply – Follow These Six Easy Steps
Step 1 – Who May Apply
Any currently enrolled or prospective student at Lincoln College may apply. Please review the following universal requirements carefully. You are applying for all the scholarships for which you are eligible with one application.
Universal Scholarship Requirement
- Scholarships are for full-time LC degree-seeking students only. They may not be used for dual enrollment, and they are non-transferable.
- As a minimum requirement, current LC students must meet College academic requirements for good standing (see LC Student Handbook). For all applicants, High school GPA is reviewed by the scholarship committee. Even if no grade point average (GPA) is specified by the donor, the selection process is competitive and academic performance may be a consideration during the selection process.
- Applicants must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) if financial need is listed as an eligibility criteria. All applicants are encouraged to complete the FAFSA to maximize their eligibility. When required, FAFSA results must be available for Financial Aid to review by March 1st.
Step 2 – When to Apply
Apply Early. All applications, recommendations, and transcripts must be received at the Lincoln Campus Financial Aid Office on or before April 1, or the next business day if April 1 is on a Saturday or Sunday. Sponsored/Endowed scholarships will be awarded May 15th and continuously there after until all scholarships are filled. Annual scholarships will be awarded June 1st and continuously there after until all scholarships are filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered. No exceptions.
Step 3 – Where to Apply
Click on the Online Scholarship Application. Only one application is needed to apply for all the scholarships for which you are eligible. Please make sure you complete the entire application.
Note: In addition to the completed online Scholarship Application, students will also need to provide the following:
Step 4 – Essay
Your answers will be reviewed for composition including grammar, spelling, and capitalization. You may contact the LC Tutoring Center 217-735-5050 ext. 303 for assistance with proofreading. Please type your response to the following questions on a separate sheet(s). Include your name and LC ID or Social Security number at the top of each additional sheet.
- What impact will this scholarship have on your future? Why will you be a great representative of LC? Please include your educational and career goals.
- Describe community/volunteer service and high school or college activities in which you have participated in. Include the length of your involvement, responsibilities, and leadership experience.
- Please explain financial and/or personal challenges you face as you pursue your education or include any other information that shows you are deserving of this scholarship.
Step 5 – Transcripts
Request transcripts from your high school and/or other colleges/universities that you have attended. Transcripts may be submitted with completed application or mailed directly from the school to the following address:Attn: Sherry Schonauer
Lincoln, IL 62656
Step 6 – Download the Following Form
Students must complete 2 copies of the form. Forms must be signed by a reference along with a letter of recommendation. Completed applications and all required documentation should be delivered to:Lincoln College
Attn: Sherry Schonauer
300 Keokuk St
Lincoln, IL 62656
Is Your Application Complete?
- Submit application
- Distribute recommendation form to 2 references
- Submit all required transcripts
- Submit your essay
For additional questions Please contact Sherry Schonauer at 217-732-3155 ext. 232